This is a Sample Question Paper for Mathematical Ability section of CLAT entrance exam. This is part of the series of sample papers. Attempt them and see if you are able to solve them.
- In the series 2, 15, 41, 80, X; X is
- A clock gains 5 minutes every hour. The angle traversed by the seconds hand in one minute is
- 5th of September is Teachers day and it fell on Monday in 1994. Then Children's day on 14th November 1996 fell on
- Two missiles sped directly at each other, one at 1200 km/h and the other at 1500 km/h. Initially they are 8190 km apart and are fired simultaneously. After what interval of time they collide?
(a) 3 hours
(b) 3 hours 2 minutes
(c) 3 hours 4 minutes
(d) 3 hours 6 minutes
- Asha purchased a saree for Rs. 2664/-. On wearing it, she realised that it was half a meter shorter than the required length. She made a mental calculation and found that she was cheated of Rs.222. What is the actual length of this saree?
(a) 5 meters
(b) 6 meters
(c) 5 ½ meters
(d) 4 ½ meters
- The average of seven numbers is 40. The total of four of them is 178. The remaining three numbers are in the ratio of 1 : 2 : 3. These three numbers are:
- A mother is three times the age of her daughter. Four years back, the daughter was one fourth the age of her father. If the father is four years older than the mother, what is the age of the daughter?
(a) 16 years
(b) 14 years
(c) 15 years
(d) 12 years
- A company manufacturing steel increased the price by 50%. In order to restore to the original price, the new price must be reduced by
(c) 33m %
- In a school of 550 students, the ratio of boys and girls is 6 : 5. How many more girls are to be admitted to make the ratio equal?
- A sugar merchant announces that he will sell sugar at the cost price but uses a weight of 450 gms instead of 500 gms. His percentage profit is
(c) 11 1/9%
(d) 10 1/9%