Category: Current Affairs
There is very little time left for CLAT exam. The following Current GK questions for CLAT entrance will help you judge where you stand. We plan to post more and more in the coming weeks.
Let us know what would you like to read for the exam, we will try and post relevant stuff here.
Note: The answers have been marked with a (*).
1. Aaron D’Souza and Richa Mishra are India’s top-ranked players in which sport?
2. Seventeen-year-old Hou Yifan of China is world’s top ranked player in which sport?
a) Table Tennis
3. Which team was defeated by India to lift the Men’s title at the Kabaddi World Cup organised in Ludhiana in November 2011?
4. Presidents Cup Golf tournament, organised in November 2011, is an annual tournament between:
a) USA and Asia
b) Europe and Asia
c) USA and Europe
d) USA and Rest of the World excluding Europe*
e) Europe and Rest of the World excluding USA
5. Vernon Philander of South Africa is related to which sport?
6. The abbreviation ‘FCCB’ in banking refers to:
a) Foreign Currency Credit Bonds
b) Freely Convertible Credit Bonds
c) Foreign Currency Credit Coupons
d) Freely Convertible Credit Coupons
e) Foreign currency Convertible bonds*
7. Noted French social scientist and historian, Dr Christophe Jaffrelot was in news for which of his books released recently?
a) Rise Of The Plebeians
b) Religion, Caste and Politics in India
c) Pakistan: Nationalism Without A Nation
d) India Since 1950: Society, Politics, Economy and Culture*
e) India’s Silent Revolution: The Rise Of The Lower Castes
8. Who among the following has been appointed as the first foreign coach of Australia?
a) Andy Flower
b) David Gower
c) Mike Gatting
d) Mickey Arthur*
e) Graham Thorpe
9. Which of the following statements about Nagaland is/are correct?
I. The annual Hemis Festival was organised recently
II. Nagaland observed its statehood day on December 1
III. Neiphiu Rio is the Chief Minister
a) I only
b) I and II only
c) II and III only*
d) III and I only
e) I, II and III
10. Which of the following has tied up with the Worldwide Fund for Nature (WWF) for restoration of a 300-km stretch of the Ganga and the Yamuna recently?
a) Thames River Restoration Trust*
b) Rhine River Restoration Trust
c) Mississippi River Restoration Trust
d) Volga River Restoration Trust
e) Yangtze River Restoration Trust
Call 0 9855 171 046 Now!!
Leave a Reply